1. Charles Farnam, Descendants of John Whitman, 1889.
2. Whitman.rtf, 2 Feb 1999, Keith Berry.
3. Whitman Family Research, 2 Feb 1999, Pam Callam.
4. Genealogy of WHITMAN, submitted to Acadia University in Nova Scotia by a group of researchers and contributed to "Whitmania" by Marcia Craig.
5. "Freeman Families of NS" page 482,Parker, Major Nathaniel, 1998, FTW
6. Freeman Family researcher
7. LDS Ancestral File
8. Records of James Whitman from the research of William E. Chute
10. "Queens County Genealogies", page 132 Micro 13325, PANS (Provincial Archives of Nova Scotia) [Parker.ftw]
11. N.S. Historical Society, Collection, Vol. 16. Historical Notes of Queens County. RH971.6 N935C 16; 1912. Personal Copy also at PANS, Halifax, NS
[Parker, Major Nathaniel, July, 1998.FTW
12. Keith Berry gedcom files; from Whitman(1).rtf
13. LDS microfilm #AF91-104859 submitted by Russell N. Payzant, Provo, UT
14. "The Whitman House" by Michelle Raoul, 13 Dec. 1991; Report for the Architecture Dept. of Beaton Institute, University College of Cape Breton, Sydney, Nova Scotia
15. Telephone Interview with Aubrey Gratto and Rita Gordon, February 1999, P. D. Crowe.
16. Email letter of "direct line" descent by Marsha Craig: email@example.com
17. Annapolis Royal Cemetery inscription
18. WW1 Civilian Draft Registration, Wilmington, Delaware
19. Marriage Certificate signed by officiating pastor