Leander Morse Whitman's House
The house on Water Street in Bridgetown, Annap. Co., built by Leander's family for him and his wife shortly after they were married in 1907. The picture was taken about 1912, and part of Leander's blacksmith shop can be seen on the left. The group on the porch includes Leander, his wife Grace, son Harold, one daughter, and a brother Asa. Leander sold the house probably not long after this picture was taken, and moved to a small farm at nearby Carleton Corner. The Bridgetown house was either removed, or torn down many years ago, and the site is now a parking lot.
Contributed by Hugh Doherty
Back to the Whitman Album Main Page